Wajik. Wajik or wajid is an Indonesian diamond-shaped kue or traditional snack made with steamed glutinous (sticky) rice and further cooked in palm sugar, coconut milk, and pandan leaves. The sweet sticky rice cake is commonly found in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei. It is called wajid in Brunei and Sabah.
Wajik is a traditional Indonesian snack/cake made with steamed glutinous (sticky) rice and further cooked in palm sugar, coconut milk, and pandan leaves. The cooked rice is then spread and flatted in a baking tray. Once it cools to room temperature, we cut this into small pieces in the shape of a diamond (er, okay, a rhombus or a. Teman-teman dapat menghidangkan Wajik hanya dengan menggunakan 6 bahan dan 3 langkah saja. Berikut ini bahan dan cara untuk membuatnya, bikin Wajik yuk!
- Diperlukan 150 gr of ketan, rendam 3 jam.
- Diperlukan 2 lbr of daun pandan.
- Gunakan 150 ml of santan.
- Sediakan of Bahan B:.
- Dibutuhkan 80 gr of gula aren cairkan dgn sedikit air, saring.
- Gunakan 1/4 sdt of garam.
Why kue wajik is so popular. Translated to English, kue wajik means diamond cake. It earned its moniker because the cake is cut into diamond shapes before serving. As one of Indonesia's most popular cakes it's developed multiple personalities.
Cara memasak Wajik
- Masak Bahan A, setelah klik2/mendidih kecilkan api, masak 15 menit..
- Masukkan Bahan B, aduk rata, masak lagi api kecil 10 menit..
- Aduk lagi, lalu padatkan & biarkan dingin baru dipotong2 pakai spatula plastik..
Wajik is one of traditional Malay's sweet delicacy. It is made from glutinous rice, palm sugar and coconut milk. You can easily could find this at Malay hawkers stall. I learnt this recipe from my mother in law. I can say she had mastered the skills of preparing Wajik.