Wajik Gula Aren/ Palm Sugar. Wajik – Indonesian Sticky Rice in Palm Sugar and Pandan Leaves. Wajik is a traditional Indonesian snack/cake made with steamed glutinous (sticky) rice and further cooked in palm sugar, coconut milk, and pandan leaves. The cooked rice is then spread and flatted in a baking tray.
Drain the glutinous rice and place in a shallow heat-proof dish. Palm sugar is known in many names and many variants, depends on its ingredient, production method, or the region. It is known as gula jawa (Javanese sugar) in Indonesia, and gula melaka in Malaysia. Cara membuatnya pun cukup mudah, sobat dapat memasak Wajik Gula Aren/ Palm Sugar hanya dengan menggunakan 8 bahan dan 5 langkah saja. Berikut ini bahan dan cara untuk memasaknya, bikin Wajik Gula Aren/ Palm Sugar yuk!
Bahan-bahan Wajik Gula Aren/ Palm Sugar
- Siapkan 250 gr of beras ketan.
- Dibutuhkan 100 ml of santan encer.
- Siapkan of Bahan gula:.
- Gunakan 150 gr of gula merah (sy 2bh blok bulat gula aren).
- Siapkan 25 gr of gula pasir (sy skip).
- Sediakan 200 ml of santan kental.
- Dibutuhkan 1/2 sdt of garam.
- Siapkan Beberapa helai of pandan.
There is specific difference on palm sugar naming in Indonesia; if it is made from coconut, it is called as gula jawa or gula merah (red sugar), on the other hand gula aren (aren sugar) refer to. Arenga saccharifera) is an economically important feather palm native to tropical Asia, from eastern India east to Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines in the east. Common names include sugar palm, areng palm (also aren palm or arengga palm), black sugar palm, and kaong palm, among other names. This is a glutinous rice or pulut rice with gula melaka or palm sugar sweet desert dish.
Langkah-langkah memasak Wajik Gula Aren/ Palm Sugar
- Rendam beras ketan minimal 2 jam..
- Setelah 2 jam kukus bersama santan encer, aduk rata. Kukus +/- 25-30 menit (sesuaikan) atau sampai matang..
- Iris halus gula aren/gula merah lalu masak bersama santan garam pandan, aduk rata sampai cair dan menyatu dan matang..
- Tuang bahan gula cair ke dalam wadah ketan, bisa sambil di wajan diaduk sampai lengket atau di wadah aduk sampai rata..
- Setelah itu cetakan dialasi kertas roti dan beri ketan gulanya dicetakan dan padatkan. Diamkan sampai dingin dan wajik sudah set baru dipotong..
If the gula melaka syrup is not thick you must reduce the water added into the rice when steaming. Unlike gula melaka where the sugar was obtained from coconut palm, gula apong is made by collecting juices from a type of mangrove palm called nipah palm or colloquially as 'atap'. Nachammah shares the recipe of how to do Pulut or Wajid in the easiest way. She also shared Gula melaka,as it is known in Malaysia, is an unrefined form of palm sugar, made from sap extracted from the date, coconut or sago palm. Since palm sugar is an unrefined sugar, it is known to be rich in vitamins and minerals.